This term Year 5 will be reading the range of books listed below, which covers all the subjects in this year's curriculum:
- Aesop's Funky Fables
- The White Giraffe
- The Secret Diary of John Medieval Knight
- Cautionary Verses
- The Twits
- Grimm Tales
- Anglo-Saxon Times
- Artemis Fowl
- After the Fall
- Everest Adventures!
The topics we will be covering this term are:
English - 'Medieval Knights in training' by Philip Ardagh and 'Cautionary verses' by Hiliare Belloc.
Maths - Power Maths. Addition, subtraction, rounding, place numbers to 100,000, value, inverse operations, division, multiplication.
Science - forces, gravity and friction.
History - middle ages and Anglo-Saxon life.
Geography - physical (global) geography. Human geography (local).
Technology - building castles, trebuchet investigation.
ICT - computer skills.
Art - Mona Lisa, Da Vinci, perspective.
Music - rhythm and song writing.
PE - cross country, fitness testing.
RE - Islam: pillars of Islam.
PHSE - teamwork.
1. Grow something from seeds
2. Cook something you have grown
3. Bake a ckae
4. Host a party for visitors
5. Cook a meal on a bbq or open fire
6. Watch the night sky and identify stars
7. Pond dipping
8. Get dirty in the mud
9. Visit a museum
10. Make a plan to get from one place to another
11. Watch something grow
12. Visit several places of worship
13. Learn to tie their shoelaces
14. Send a postcard
15. Use an app
16. Skype with someone from a different country
17. Organise an event to raise money
18. Sing in public
19. Go on a bus/train/stream train
20. Visit the London museums
21. Eat in a restaurant
22. Go to the theatre
23. Jackson Pollock finger painting
24. Record music they have written
25. Plan a day out
26. Walk above sea level
27. Learn a new sport
28. Learn to sew
29. Make a tree house
30. Work with a visiting artist
31. Read to a younger child
32. Attend a sporting event as a spectator
33. Learn to knit
34. Design a make a sell-able product
35. Visit a stately home
36. Visit a planetarium
37. Visit an environmental project
38. Visit a reservoir
39. See where your rubbish goes
40. Make something from things people no longer need
41. Read a compass
42. Tell the time
43. Read a map
44. Experience food from another culture
45. Try a new musical instrument
46. Learn to ride a bike
47. Learn a dance from another culture
48. Run a mile
49. Learn basic first aid
50. Climb a mountain
Relevant to our Year Group:
Do you have any ideas for this page? Why not let your teacher know!
Dance Mat Typing
Learn to type the fun way!