New Bradwell is an academy school and, as such, is its own admissions authority. The local governing body will operate a single point of entry at the beginning of the academic year (1st September) in which the child reaches their fifth birthday. Entry in September 2022 is therefore open to all children born between 1st September 2017 and 31st August 2018.
The school works in conjunction with the local authority and details of the co-ordinated scheme for admissions are available in the authority’s booklet, that is available from the school. The booklet also explains how parents can express a preference for a school and give reasons for that preference. Applications for entry to New Bradwell School in September 2022 must be on the LA’s admission form and returned to the LA by the deadline. Alternatively, you can apply online. Decisions on which children are to be offered a place will be made by the Local Governing Body in line with the published criteria. Offers of a place will be made by the LA in March 2022. New Bradwell School has a published admission number of 630.
The defined area for admissions is New Bradwell, Blue Bridge, Oak Ridge Park, Stantonbury Farm Park and the northern part of Bancroft. Additionally, New Bradwell School accepts children with a specific language or communication difficulty statement from outside this area into its Communication Department. There are a total of twenty four places available in the department throughout the whole school.
In the event of there being greater demand for admission than there are places, children with a statement of special educational need, naming New Bradwell School, have the highest priority.
The priority for admission is based on the criteria below:
- Looked After Children and all Previously Looked After Children, including those who appear (to the admissions authority) to have been in state care outside England and ceased to be in state care as a result of being adopted
- Children living in the defined area: New Bradwell, Blue Bridge, Oak Ridge Park, Stantonbury Farm Park and the northern part of Bancroft and have a sibling on roll at the time of admission
- Children living in the defined area: New Bradwell, Blue Bridge, Oak Ridge Park, Stantonbury Farm Park and the northern part of Bancroft
- Children who live outside the area with brothers or sisters who will be in attendance at the time of admission
- Children who attend the schools Nursery
- Children who live outside the defined area.
Further details regarding the admissions process for New Bradwell are included in the documents that can be accessed below. The link below gives you access to further information regarding Local Authority arrangements:
If you would like your child to attend our school, please see full details of our admission arrangements below.
Milton Keynes Council
Links to school admissions page.