Year 4 will be reading the range of books listed below, which covers all the subjects in this year's curriculum:
- The BFG
- A Thief in the Village
- Chitty, Chitty Bang, Bang
- Robinson Crusoe
- The Breadwinner
- Make it Change
- Long Walk to Freedom
- A Christmas Carol
- Alice's Adventures in Wonderland
- The Works 2
Relevant to our Year Group:
This year, we will be rewarding children who read at home every evening with a sticker and a table point at the end of the week. There will be an additional reward for children who have managed this for the whole half-term.
As well as hearing your child read every evening, here are some activities you might like to try at home to help develop their comprehension skills:
- Write about their favourite character from the book they are reading.
- Write a list of adverbs to show how a favourite character moves. (Try acting them out.)
- Draw a picture of the most important event in the book.
- Design a new front cover for the book.
- Write the blurb for the story.
- Write a different ending for the story.
- Change the setting for one of the scenes. How does this alter the story?
- Can they turn the story into a script?
- Use playdough and make a short animation of the book.
- Share books or comics that you loved as a child!
We would love to see any work completed at home.
Do you have any ideas for this page? Why not let your teacher know!
Have you seen the Kids' Zone? Play games, and visit some cool websites. You can vote for your favourites!