Within the Key Stage 2 curriculum, Year 4 will cover the areas below:
During this term we will look at Macbeth, poetry and non-fiction.
During this term we will focus on fractions, decimals, times-table facts, inverse, angles, shape and reflection.
This term we will look at digestion, classification of animals and keys.
Art & Design
During this term we will look at decoupage and life drawings.
Design & Technology
During this term we will be making pencil cases and textiles.
During this term we will look at compasses, using map skills and identifying symbols on a map.
During this term we will look at Ancient China.
During this term we will be looking at researching, word-processing using Word, Powerpoint and Excel.
During this term we will be looking at Hinduism.
During this term we will look at democracy, conflict resolution and finding solutions.
Relevant to our Year Group:
This year, we will be rewarding children who read at home every evening with a sticker and a table point at the end of the week. There will be an additional reward for children who have managed this for the whole half-term.
As well as hearing your child read every evening, here are some activities you might like to try at home to help develop their comprehension skills:
- Write about their favourite character from the book they are reading.
- Write a list of adverbs to show how a favourite character moves. (Try acting them out.)
- Draw a picture of the most important event in the book.
- Design a new front cover for the book.
- Write the blurb for the story.
- Write a different ending for the story.
- Change the setting for one of the scenes. How does this alter the story?
- Can they turn the story into a script?
- Use playdough and make a short animation of the book.
- Share books or comics that you loved as a child!
We would love to see any work completed at home.
Do you have any ideas for this page? Why not let your teacher know!
Have you seen the Kids' Zone? Play games, and visit some cool websites. You can vote for your favourites!