Activities for children to do at home
- Reading at home every night is a fantastic way to support your child's learning at home.
- Practice reading the 100 high frequency words.
- Practice dressing independently (including shoes and socks)
- Help with getting book bag ready for school.
- Practice tying shoe laces.
- Getting them to help do jobs and tidy up.
- Practice letter formation and handwriting.
- Practice writing capital letters and lower case letters.
- Practice writing numbers to 100 correctly.
- Practice using a ruler to draw lines.
Fine motor skills:
- Practice using scissors and cutting out.
- Using Pritt sticks and glue.
- Threading beads, colouring, puzzles, using pegs, playdough and painting.
- Practice counting to 100 and back.
- Practice recognising numbers to 100.
- Practice counting in 2’s, 5’s and 10’s.
- Practice recognising coins and adding amounts.
- Learning their birthday.
- Knowing the months of the year and days of the week.
- Doing some baking- having a go at measuring and weighing.
- Learning to tell the time o'clock and half past.